Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Fault code 45 Model 4kyfa26100k Serial c040620037

Customer Question
Fault code 45 Model 4kyfa26100k Serial c040620037...
Fault code 45
Model 4kyfa26100k
Serial c040620037
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/16/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 4 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

Code 45 is Speed Sense Lost Fault. It means that the controller is unable to see how fast the unit is running.

This code may or may not be able to be diagnosed without a special tool from Onan. Sometimes it just boils down to having to have it.

The first thing you need to do is to connect a meter to the output leads of the genset, and test both voltage and frequency while holding the start button to keep the genset running for a few seconds.

What voltage and frequency does it put out?

Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 3 months ago

Have you tested the voltage and frequency yet?

I have not tested. This unit is on my daughters college rodeo trailer and is out on the road traveling.By the way exactly where would I take these measurements at?

As per my instructions, the voltage and frequency need to be tested at the output leads of the genset.