Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 2000z starts but when the brake handle is moved forward…

My 2000z starts but...

My 2000z starts but when the brake handle is moved forward the motor will die. Sitting at rest the blade knob pulled the mower will die. ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well nobody in this area is capable so I guess it's me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well when the damned thing won't go I can't get it in the shop to check anything else.

3/15/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

CAN YOU ENGAGE THE BLADES WITH THE BRAKE LOCKED?

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Well if you unlock the brake the mower wi8ll die. You can't test the blade if the engine id not running.
MowerDocMD
Phone call session started
the phone conversation with Bryan didn't help anything.

start the mower and keep brake locked. you should be able to engage the blades with mower in park. if you try to engage the blades and the mower still dies while brake iss on, the seat safety switch is bad and needs replaced