Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

TROY BUILT 179 CC SNOW BLOWER, TUNE UP, TO RUN BETTER, WHAT…

TROY BUILT 179 CC...

TROY BUILT 179 CC SNOW BLOWER, TUNE UP, TO RUN BETTER, WHAT AND WHERE DO I NEED TO ADJUST

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

MY NIEGHBORS, JUST TRYING TO HELP.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I DO

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A CARB ADJUST. CANT SEEM TO SEE ONE, UNLESS WELL HIDDEN

3/15/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

most all 4 cycle engine carb are non adjustable any more unless it is from the 80's and older.

what is the machine doing currently? what is the issue you are having? If you are just wanting to tune up, change the spark plug, air filter, oil and check the belts

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

IT SEEMS AS THOUGH IT IS CHOKING, AND NOT GETTING ENOUGH GAS. I'LL DO THE STEPS ABOVE, BEING THAT ITS NOT MY MACHINE, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHEN THEY WERE PREFOFMRD LAST. BACK IN AN HOUR OR SO. IF A SHEAR PIN IS BROKEN ON ONE OF THE AUGER BLADES, WOULD THAT CAUSE THE ENGINE TO BOG DOWN.

if it is not running full speed I would check to make sure the choke butterfly is open all the way if equip with one. if it is ipened all the way after machine is warmed up, I would suggest cleaning the carb internally, as there may be a partially clogged high speed carb jet not allowing enough fuel to flow from carb to the cylinder

shear pin can yes, as it puts a strain on the others and makes them work harder and the work is not evenly distributed through out the auger.

THANKS JON, WILL GET BACK TO YOU BEFORE END OF DAY. Marc

not a problem, I will be here

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician