Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a FasTack 36" zero turn ride on Mower. My husband…

I have a Hustler...

I have a Hustler FasTack 36" zero turn ride on Mower. My husband disconnected the battery and cannot remember where the third wire goes on to. Obviously red to the positive+ terminal the black to the negative - terminal, but which one does the third wire/lead go on. Many thanks for your held

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Sorry Model no 927343 purchased on 22/12/2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES A VERY SIMPLE JOB IF HE COULD REMEMBER HOW HE DISCONNECTED IT

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO, JUST HOW TO HOOK THE BATTERY BACK UP

3/15/2018
MowerDocMD
MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am here to help you. Typically the third wire is the power feed to the ignition switch and should be connected to the positive terminal with the red wire. Before you do that, could you upload a picture for me so that I can see exactly what you're seeing?

thanks Brian, but wont be able to do it until over the weekend, as am going away early tomorrow morning.
Thanks, will do A.S.A.P. Hubby was quite sure that he had taken it off the positive terminal, but the pictures in the manual seem to be different.

No worries. On some, mostly older, machines the 3rd wire is an extra ground. You don't want to connect that to the positive terminal. But for most, the 3rd wires is the system voltage feed and takes power to the ignition switch. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks for the question.

-Brian

Thanks for now.

My pleasure

MowerDocMD
MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician