Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I changed the transmission fluid on a Raptor lawn mower and…

I changed the transmission...

I changed the transmission fluid on a Hustler Raptor lawn mower and now the right control lever will not function either forward or reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hustler Raptor 60 inch cut one year old. 26 horse power Kohler engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time

3/14/2018
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Were you having this problem prior to changing your fluid?

No

Thanks for your response. It is very likely that you have trapped air in your system. Are you familiar with purging your system?

No how do I purge the system

I will attach some information for you.

Please click on the link below.

Both rear wheels will need to be high enough off of the ground to prevent them from touching the ground during the purging procedure.

After you purge your system, the performance of your transmission should be back to normal again.

Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician