Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a new cub cadet 42 inch snow blower attatchment on my…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new cub cadet 42 inch snow blower attatchment on my new 22 HP tractor and it clogs up and the belts start smoking. What can I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I have a new 22 HP cub cadet tractor with a 42 inch snow thrower attachment. It gets clogged up and the belt starts to smoke! What can I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The snow is dry and 12 inches deep.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/14/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 4 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

if the snow is clogging the machine, have you tried going through the snow at a slower pace? Does the same thing happen if so.

a trick I have hear many people using is to spray the inside of everything that touches the snow with PAM or silicone spray, this keeps the snow from sticking and clogging up

you can also try to spray the inside of it with water if it is cold enough to freeze, as this makes for a slick surface and snow will not stick to it .

just a few tricks of the trade.

I see no manufacturing reason as to why it would clog unless just too much is being applied inside at once.

snow sticking to the inside will cause this though

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

This is not helpful! The amount of money that I paid for this, I would expect this to work as well as other brands! Did I get screwed?

i will opt out and see if another expert may be able to better assist you. being as I cannot see the machine, I cannot tell if there is a defect in the machine. the tips I provided are common things people do to keep this from happening as it is not an uncommon issue

Technician: MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician replied 4 months ago
MowerDocMD
MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help. What engine speed are you using?

I’m not willing to pay any more money!! I feel this is a scam!! You spray Pam on the satellite dish to keep the snow from sticking!! This cub cadet unit should work at least as good as a little toro snow blower! Who do I contact to get a refund of my $27?

I am very sorry you're dissatisfied with the service. You should have a link on the page that will allow you to request a refund. I have no part of the payment side. I would still like to help you resolve your issue. This has been a problem for many people with this storm. I don't know if the snow is wetter or drier than normal, but it is wreaking havoc. I think you will have to adjust your engine speed to compensate for the varied weight of the snow. Heavier snow will require higher engine speed while retaining the same travel speed to evacuate it.