Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an 18.5 hp that the connecting rod was broke and I…

I have an 18.5...

I have an 18.5 hp that the connecting rod was broke and I ordered the connection rod that it called for and it is a quarter to short so I asking if it could be a 19hp engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Its a 2007 and I don't know anything about it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is all

3/14/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

what is the model of the engine that you have? should be on the valve cover of the engine. What is the part number of the one that you currently have that is too short?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
31P777model number part # 794122

what is the engine type?

31P777-xxxx-xx

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
0366-E1

this is the connecting rod that is used with the 1.97" piston pin. is that how long yours is?

The parts for this engine are separated by date code also it seems. what is the date code of this engine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also bought a connecting rod and piston

There are 2 separate pistons for this engine also.

Briggs and Stratton 796172

Briggs and Stratton 594435

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it could be the piston that's wrong?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I used the piston that was in the engine also

yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you Jon
JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician