Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an Onan Marquis 7000 generator that was just

Customer Question
I have an Onan...

I have an Onan Marquis 7000 generator that was just diagnosed with a bad carb and im looking for a replacement or someone that can rebuild the one that I have

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a 1995 Onan Marquis model # 7NHMFA26106F carb #146-0666

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping not to but Im capable to do it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes is the carb available, or repair kit

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 4 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

Your unit is a CARB compliant unit, so there is no rebuild kit for them.

However, the carb is available.

The part number is *****(###) ###-#### and it can be ordered through any Onan dealer, as well as a few places online, such as this one:

http://www.partsfortechs.com/asapcart/1460666-carburetor-onan-nhm-spec-d-after-p-393.html?zenid=3fab80106873d0d1ea928ad4328c1012

well there is a nation wide non existence of this carb if you had read the add. I have exhausted the Web sites about this and thought you may have ideas on how to repair the carb.

No, I did not read the whole page. I don't order carbs from them. as I order directly from Onan. I have never had an issue getting one.

You could always try cleaning yours.