Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a toro 622 snowblower and I was using it today and…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a toro 622 snowblower and I was using it today and the blades stopped turning and it's making a screech noise when I try to use the blade lever. Why?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It was working fine till about an hour ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

With the engine OFF, try to turn the impeller shaft and the auger transmission shaft. Is there any rubbing of either on the housing? Or is it locked up? If both turn, the likely problem is a loose drive belt.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Doesn’t turn

So you have a failed bearing and h shaft is stuck, requiring disassembly to get to the bad bearing.

I see the question is still open, please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician