Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

What does each number in the first image represent? A while.

Customer Question
What does each number...

What does each number in the first image represent?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A while

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We are trying to reassemble the clutch. We are having trouble trying to figure out where number 4 spring is attached to

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/13/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Make, model, images?

D170 John Deere Lawn Mower
We are trying to find out where #3 on that image is attached to

Where are you getting the image? Deere parts book shows the one in the link above. It is return spring, that attaches to the brake linkage, and goes back and attaches to long bolt or frame. I assume you have spring? There should be wear points on each end where spring would attach.

Is the spring attached to number 16 on the image you sent me?

Yes, the brake release lever.

Okay, where does the other end of the spring attach to?

On an ear on the #2 shaft, just above the 16

I don't understand, i do not see where it would attach

It is not clear, but the spring has to keep tension on the latch lever. It may go down, instead of up, I don't have one to look at.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago

I see the question is still open?