Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

We have Atlascopco air compressor is down and we cant get a…

Customer Question
We have Atlascopco air...

We have Atlascopco air compressor is down and we cant get a service technician for 3 days. is there anyone that can help with this asap as we can't wait until the 15th?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model GA-37, Serial # API536998

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

It shut itself down earlier and has an oil leak

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/12/2018
Technician: Don, Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Don
Don, Mechanic

Hi there my name is don

I will try to help you on this but first i need to ask you a few questions

How old is the compressor ?

do you know why it shut down was it because of low oil

?

lets start there

Don

Don,
Thanks for responding, I'm not sure how old the compressor is or why it shut down probably due to the oil leaking. I ultimately was trying to find an authorized technician for the compressor

Hi there

some of these old compressors have a murphy switch on them

which would shut down the compressor if the oil was low it would be a sight glass with hi and low written on it

how low was t he oil when the unit shut off ?

i can look for a technician for you but need to know your area if you like

or we can continue here if you want ?

Don