Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am looking for help on my Kohler 30RZ82 generator. Just…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for help on my Kohler 30RZ82 generator

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I want to make sure the estimate I am getting is reasonable

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
3/12/2018
Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like to get advice on the issue I am having with this generator
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What is the problem and what kind of estimate are you getting?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, I have a Kohler gas generator, model 30RZ82 and my radiator is leaking badly. Looks like the radiator needs to be replaced and the estimate I got was almost $2500. I know I can buy the parts (OEM radiator and new hoses) for about $750. I am pretty handy and was thinking about trying to do the installation myself. Do you happen to know how complicated this type of job generally is (installing a new generator)? Is this a do-it-yourself type project for someone who is handy (e.g. I change my own brakes on my car for instance)? if too complicated, is $1400 for labor a reasonable charge?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I can't talk right now, but perhaps we can set up a call for when we are both available? Alternatively, we can just do this via messaging?

The radiator is not a complicated job. I would like to think that a good handy person could do it. As for labor charge, seems pricey, but with the service call. and labor rates over $100 hour, it adds up quick! I would think it is in line with other companies in the service business.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can I reach back out to you to set up a call to discuss?

If you like.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician