Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 20000wgenerac started up but did not shut down due to the…

Customer Question
My 20000wgenerac started up...

My 20000wgenerac started up but did not shut down due to the power to the transfer switch being low. it ran for 12 hours and stopped. the message was low oil pressure. it had blown out all of the oil. refilling it started, cycled the oil and it all emptied into the pan below. unable to see where it came from.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

It is natural gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just want to know what the problem may be.the warranty is on factory defect only. I have to drive the machine several hundred miles to the nearest rep. a huge undertaking if it is something minor that I could have fixed off warranty.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/10/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 4 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

1. What are the model and serial number of the genset?

2. Can you tell if the oil came from a particular area of the engine - high, low, left, right?