Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Getting fire and putting gas in cylinder and can't get

Customer Question
Getting fire and putting...

Getting fire and putting gas in cylinder and can't get engine to pop

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Not that old bought it a year ago , cleaned carb and getting gas , has plenty of compression just won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No never had this problem before , always worked on my own small engines, never had one with fire and fuel and won't start

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/10/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 4 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

if you have afire and manually put fuel into the cylinder, it should fire unless there is no compression. what type of machine is this? you stated it has plenty of compression, what is the PSI of the cylinder?

Haven't checked , it's a Honda gas 160, getting ready to check to see if there is a stuck valve

p​opping is normally caused by a sheared flywheel key. I would check this as this would throw the timing off and cause the popping

let me know how the flywheel key looks

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR