Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Honda 2015 CRV and the high 3rd brake light on the…

Customer Question
I have a Honda...

I have a Honda 2015 CRV and the high 3rd brake light on the rear hatch is damaged and I would like to replace it. But I cannot find a way to remove it.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A couple of weeks now. I have the replacement but can’t find a way to remove the light

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping so it is just a light exchange

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope that’s about it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
3/10/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 1 month ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

are you changing the entire assembly or just the bulb?

If you are replaceing the entire thing due to yours being broken or being the LED Style here are instructions

remove the trim panel.

2x 4mm nuts behind a trim panel, unplug the power source, and pop it out. Reverse to install a new one. Word to the wise though: be very careful taking those tiny 4mm nuts off. Finding them inside the frame of the tailgate is misery.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t see where on trim the little screws are. That’s what everyone says. I’m replacing the whole red lens.

the trim is held on by clips. the screws are under the trim

the trim will pull off, but be careful as the clips can break

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What trim are you speaking of. Inside or out and where do I find screws.

inside the vehicle

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It looks like one whole piece across the top. Do I just take a screwdriver and pull the piece off? It seems to be very tight
The clips keep it tightly secured
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I could just pull this off and it won’t destroy the clips?

it shouldn't, but you will need to be careful as it can damage them if pulled too hard

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Not happy here. I did everything you advertised. Un clipped the light from inside and the light will still not pop out. Does it take an engineering degree to change this?
JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician