Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

To remove spark plug from Toro zero turn - do I just grab…

To remove spark plug...

To remove spark plug from Toro zero turn - do I just grab the rubber protective cover and pull hard - it wont shift?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

So Toro is difficult to start - has a new battery so I thought I'd remove spark plug and pick up a new one. My husband usually takes care of these things but he isn't well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes fuel in tank and used mower yesterday after I got it going with a jump start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I thought if I could get it off with my husband helping with some directions I could buy a new spark plug on Monday ( from Toro dealer) and put it in)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have the tool for removing the spark plug but can't even get started by pulling the cover off

3/10/2018
eauto
eauto, Mechanic

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Correct. Pull the rubber boots. Off the plugs . Just like u thought

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

Thank you

Your welcome .Hope you can rate my service 5 star

eauto
eauto, Mechanic