Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have a home light 5000 generator that was working. The choke…

Customer Question
Have a home light...

Have a home light 5000 generator that was working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The choke won’t pull out so I can’t restart. it had died when someone tried to vacuum today despite us being on generator power:(,

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I’m in need of power now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Lots of outages and need power in my home

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/9/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 5 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
I can give you a way to start generator without choking, is this what you are wanting?
Remove air filter and either squirt a little fuel or carb cleaner into the carb or hold a rag or your hand over the carb (intake) this will act as a choke and machine should start so you will have power
Got it
Just used WD and was able to loosen enough to free up
Awesome! Be safe.
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this