Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a EB802E, when I give it gas it flutters and dies if…

Good afternoon, I have...

Good afternoon, I have a EB802E, when I give it gas it flutters and dies if I don" don't release the throttle

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started yesterday when I started blowing leaves

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes,yes and yes, it actually ran ok for about an hour, then the engine trottled back and had to wait a minute or so the it would go full throttle, now only flutters

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible or may have to take in for service, unit is approx 6 years old and never had a problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It starts easy and idles great just won't run on high

3/8/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Sounds like the carb kit on the high side has gone bad and it needs to be rebuilt. some people prefer to just replace entire carb due to the hassle of rebuilding.

Carburetor Assembly
Part Number: A021002040

Gasket / Diaphragm Kit
Part Number: P050008560

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician