Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 2011 SLTS1050 tractor will not bask up after about 20…

My 2011 SLTS1050 tractor...

My 2011 SLTS1050 tractor will not bask up after about 20 min. of work

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 4 weeks

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have a 42" snow blower on it now .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The tractor is a SLTX1050
3/8/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

i​s it still moving forward good?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is going on
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.
Are you still in need of assistance?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is Donald working on my problem
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we can have the online conversation I don't need the phone call
Thanks for your response. The phone call is only optional.
How long has it been since you last replaced your drive belts.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
last week, the snow blower works well and the tractor go's well in forward
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is there oil in the transmission and can it be checked could this be the problem
Thanks for this information. If your oil level was the source of our problem, it would also affect the forward motion of your mower.
There are some model numbers under your seat. Can you get these for me?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok no I am in the house the tractor is in the garage I have the bill of sale with the numbers on it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the model is 13WQ92AP010
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is this the number you are looking for
that’s it. Can you give me a minute or two to pull up a diagram of your mower?
I am back. I see you have a Hydro-Gear transaxle in your mower. Is your new belt an OEM belt or is it an aftermarket belt.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
aftermarket
The reason I asked, is because I am wondering if your belt is tight enough. How many belts does your mower have?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
three
Thanks for confirming. Have you checked to see if the lever on your transaxle is shifting fully into reverse position?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Can you check this for me? Check for a build up of dirt and debris in the area of the shift lever on your transaxle.
While you are there, Check to see if your transaxle drive belt is fully tight. Also, check for signs of an oil leak on your transaxle.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it works well until it gets hot that is after 15 min of snow blowing
I will check it out tomorrow as I will remove the seat and fender
Does reverse work well for 15 minutes?
Does forward still perform well after 15 minutes?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this will be done tomorrow when I take it apartyes it works well for 15 min +
I also heard that there is a pressure relief valve for forward and another for reverse
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the forward does work well as to as well as it should I can't say as I an moving snow it's hard to tell if it is slipping or if it is acting up
If after 15 or 20 minutes, your reverse fails, but your forward drive continues to work well, this indicates that our problem is internal.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I should take it to the dealer?
Your transaxle does have check valves for forward and reverse motions of your transaxle.
I have a suggestion for you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
GO
First check the following. Check your drive belt to make sure it is tight at all times. Check the movement of the shift lever on your transaxle. Check for an obvious oil leak. Try to check this without removing your fenders.
Let me check one more thing for you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I will do this tomorrow and I will call you
Thanks. Let me know your results. We will wait before you take your mower to a repair shop.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK

Have a good evening!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DONALD
I have checked the rear end of the tractor I took the wheels off. there is no dirt or grass all is clean ,and no oil leaks and no grease in the area the is all free I moved the pedal forward and back it looks as it is moving the arm on the transmission as far as allowed to travel I tried to move it when it was in reverse and the arm on the transmission would not move any farther.
Thank you for checking. If you are 100% sure that your belt is tight enough, this could mean that our transaxle problem is internal.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think you are on it thanks
You are very welcome. I do hope all goes well for you.
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Donald
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician