Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a z425 2013 motor z600 governer is stuck. Its been…

I have a z425...

I have a z425 2013 motor z600 governer is stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Its been down with priblem a couple of weeks. thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes my husband

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No thank you. I think that is the only problem

3/8/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

c​an you manually move the governor? Is there a change in the rpms if so

No cant move it at all

so​unds like the engine will need to come apart and the governor will need to either be adjusted or replaced. engine will have to be cracked open to repair this.

Is the engine turning over as normal?

it is
it is

engine will need to be torn down and opened up to determine further info. if the governor is not moving manually, there is something inside the crankcase keeping it from moving.

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
ok thank you very much