Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

We have a general 5500 pull start that wont start or fire.

We have a general...

We have a general 5500 pull start that wont start or fire

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Not that old fuel is clean filter is clear. Valve is open

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Just trying to start it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yea tell me why it wont start

3/8/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

try spraying fuel, carb cleaner, starting fluid into the carb and see if engine will start briefly. Let me know what happens and we will troubleshoot from there. most of the time the issue is a clogged fuel jet in the carb and the carb will need to be removed and cleaned, but we can address this after you let me know if machine starts briefly or not

where is then carb on this model

right behind the air filter. will need to remove the air filter to spray into the carb

it tried to start with the fluid
its.going thank you it's running now

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician