Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Generator runs fine but electric start doesnt work, have a…

Customer Question
Generator runs fine but...

Generator runs fine but electric start doesnt work , have a new battery. just clicks

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yea

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Dont know

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can use the pull start and it starts right up

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/8/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 4 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

1. What are the brand, model and serial number of the genset?

2. Is this a single loud click as you press the start button, or is it a continuous rapid clicking?

single click
What about the rest of the information I asked for?