Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I bought a toro z master 3000 series new just over a year…

Hi I bought a...

Hi I bought a toro z master 3000 series new just over a year ago and have only used it twice. It started for me this morning and when I got off to move a pipe and big tree branch it stopped. It now will only click when I go to start it. It has full fuel and oil.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

The fuel is clean. I don’t know about the shut off valve as I am not to sure where to look as I don’t have a manual for it as I didn’t get one when I bought it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes with my husband

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

3/8/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

When do you hear the click? When you turn the key on, or when the key is turned to start? Is it a single click or a rat a tat sound? SIngle click when the key is turned to start would be starter solenoid or starter not working. The rat a tat sound would be a dead battery.

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Got it fixed thank you