Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I need a repair manual. Since 2000

I need a repair...

I need a repair manual

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/7/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

What are you needing a repair manual for? What is the model and serial number?

Model# ***** Seriel#0003101a

is this a briggs and Stratton engine? what is this?

it's a BG and it's a generator

19g412 is the model of a briggs engine. are you wanting engine breakdown or generator break down? should be a model and serial number on the frame of the generator and then the model and type of the engine will be stamped into the metal of the engine

is this a 6200 watt generator?

5000 watt engine breakdown

look on the valve cover for the model and type of the engine. will be xxxxxx-xxxx-xx 19G412 IS THE MODEL. Should be folled like this:

19G412-XXXX-XX

No cover it's a fined head no overhead valve

okay, one moment

Here is the basic breakdown of the 19G412 engine. the type can vary, but most likely not a lot.

What is it you are trying to repair ?

Short run period then shuts off
How long is a short period a few seconds or a few minutes.Will it start right back up after it shuts off
Runs for 10 minutes then shuts off doesn't start right back up has to cool down
How is the oil level
Good
Fuel air and spark plugs are all new
Being as it will run and not restart until it cools down leads me to believe the ignition coil is faulty. Once it shuts down, check to see if the plug has spark
Ok.what is the air gap on the magneto
Place a business card between the ignition module and the flywheel. Let the magnets on the flywheel pull the ignition module to the flywheel and then tighten down. Remove card and gap is set
Ok thank you and have a great night and week
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this.
5 STARS IS MY GOAL.
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician