Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 30000 whole house generator...it has been running…

Customer Question
I have a 30000...

I have a 30000 whole house generator...it has been running nonstop since last this

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Generac, 30000 generator for the whole house. Been running since last f riday since electric is out. It is about5

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry, texting is not my forte! So the generator is about 5 or 6 years old,, it has been running nonstop since the power went out last f riday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It just quit running...i looked at it and there is a red and yellow light on. It runs on propane and I just got a delivery yesterday. As I said it has been running non stop since last f riday without a problem. I am in an area that without electric I have no water or heat. Ideally I need someone to take a look at it. I am 71 and live alone. I am sure I could handle something simple, but not sure what the problem is!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/8/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 4 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

30000 is not a model number. I'm not sure what it is.

There will be a tag or sticker on the unit with the model and serial number.

I need both.