Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Artic Cat 500 Atv 2013 won't start. Iturn key to start…

Customer Question
My Artic Cat 500...

My Artic Cat 500 Atv 2013 won't start. Iturn key to start position and get clicking noises from fuse box.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the bike in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your bike has a "wheel lock" feature?

The ATV is in neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 motorcycle?

ARTIC CAT 500 ATV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked battery posts. Have power to winch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I turn the key all the way to the right I loose all power

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/8/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 5 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Your solenoid is bad on your starter thats what engages the gear to kick out to make contact with the flywheel. check the power at the starter when you attempt to start