Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Ariens 2Stage snowblower wheel drive no longer

Customer Question
Hi, My Ariens 2Stage...

Hi, My Ariens 2Stage snowblower wheel drive no longer engages,too much play between axle shaft and housing. Is there any way to replace axle bearings with tighter fit?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

First time Ithink

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes If possible. I do almost all repairs on 'everything'

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Machine is in otherwise good condition.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/7/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

There has to be a way to get the parts together. What is the model number of the unit? Is this a friction drive or a chain drive?

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem?