Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Shaw mower shuts off after starting up ok. As the chike

Shaw mower shuts off...

Shaw mower shuts off after starting up ok. As the chike slides to the left it immediately stops. I've replace spark plug, filter, and changed oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes, tank is full today

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've replaced front tires. Do I need to replace any other part for the tune up

3/5/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

if mower will not run off choke the carb needs to be removed and cleaned internally. sounds like you have a partially clogged fuel jet

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Thanks I believe it’s the carburetor needs cleaning will also clean the fuel lines as well

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Lawn mower works just fine now, thanks
Great to hear.