Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Information on propane conversion kit from vapor to solid…

Customer Question
Information on propane conversion...

Information on propane conversion kit from vapor to solid fuel for a 6.5-6300

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a year

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We took it to an onan dealership to fix it. They had it running for a couple of hours and then it quit. After charging almost $500 to repair it they told us it needed to be replaced or put in a conversion kit from vapor to solid.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
2/7/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 5 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

I am not quite clear on what you want. Conversion from vapor to solid? Do you mean you wish to convert it from LP vapor withdrawal to LP LIQUID withdrawal?

Do you know what was done to it?