Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

This what i got .2007 raptor with 5500 marques gold gen.

This what i got...

This what i got .2007 raptor with 5500 marques gold gen. First trailer. Previous owner say gen did not run for awhile . Replaceugs oil

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Sorry accidentally hit send ,change plugs oil filters . Tank was empty when i got it threw gas in ran it. Ran fine for a few weeks then noticed it surging / bogging down. Anyways let that go for a bit. Drop tank to replace sender. Replaced all lines with exeption of long run from back to front of trailer. Got all togethr fuel up . Prime and run . This where i at now. After i prime it load / noload. Runs fine for bout 10 min then start surge/ bogging . Everytime . Also the carb is new. I leaning to fuel pump the only thing left. Gettn fuel but not as much as when i prime it . Am i goin the right way dont wanna start replacing things i dont need . Thx

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Tank has neen flushed out 15 gal fresh fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope been running it quite a bit while been working on interior and roof. I pulled line and prime with line off and crank it with line off. All work has been done by me so far.

1/23/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I’m Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Yes, you are doing a great job, with troubleshooting

Yes the last item is the fuel pump, it may be crude up inside

and pressure is weak, you can measure the pressure

looking for 9 PSI

if not replace

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thats what i was lookn for. Thx much. Fuel pump it is then.

You are welcome

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars

so I get the credit for the question

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder