Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an MTD 10/24 2 stage electric start snowblower, about…

I have an MTD...

I have an MTD 10/24 2 stage electric start snowblower, about 20 years old. Originally bought at Sam's Club. Everything is working fine except that only one of the 2 front horizontal rotors is spinning. The simple cluth adjustment at the hand lever is adjusted all the way up. The right rotor will spin freely but not engage with power. ???????

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

MTD Yardmaster 10/24 electric staart snow blower

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That depends on the complexity of the repair.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It seems that the rotor had jammed and then when I freed it I might have broken or loosened a clutch connection. This is just a guess ?

1/23/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Voth end of the auger has a shear pin, the loose end has sheared the pin.

Need the model number of the blower, the 10-24 does not identify it.

I found the model # 317E661E118

See the # 16 shear bolt on each auger?

Do you still want a call?

Please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I have ordered the parts. Thank You. No need to call.

Thank you!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician