Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Brigs & Stratton engine Model # 030432 Built in 09.

I have a Brigs...

I have a Brigs & Stratton engine Model # 030432 Built in 09. It will start and run for about a min.Then it chokes out and dumps fuel out of the Carb. and I discovered that the crank case was full of gas. the carb. has been rebuilt.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No.All I need to know is what would cause gas to enter the crank case?

1/22/2018
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What causes the gas to get into the crankcase is a bad carburetor - either the float is not working, or the needle or seat are damaged.

If the carb has been rebuilt, it is bad and will need to be replaced.

Hank F.
Hank F., Technician