Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am in Australia and my Toro twister 1600 engine is toast,

Hi I am in...

Hi I am in Australia and my Toro twister 1600 engine is toast, I have been in touch with the local toro dealer. But they are as useless as. How do I get a new engine, it has a tapered shaft?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

I think 2007 yes and we rebuilt it ut has end play in the bottom end

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No Briggs and Stratton mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I just need a motor. Have spoken with Briggs Australia in Melbourne they sent me the wrong motor

1/22/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes.

what is the model number of the mower and also the model/type/code of the engine ?

The machine is an Toro Twister 1600 which is a ATV utility vehicle. It runs a 16hp Vanguard, Briggs and Stratton engine the numbers on the plate are 12004TC-260000103 the shaft that comes out of the motor is tapered to suite a centrifugal clutch there is to much end play in the crankshaft to try to rebuild, so a new motor is required. Regards Allan

Showing original engine is:(###) ###-####E1

replacement engine is:(###) ###-####G1

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Thanks Jon very helpful
All good Jon thank you for your help. No engines available worldwide, will never buy anything from Toro, disgusting