Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have a model 4bgefa26101j onan rv generator. The starter…

Have a model 4bgefa26101j...

Have a model 4bgefa26101j onan rv generator. The starter button stuck and burned up the starter and solenoid so I replaced them along with the main board. Now it runs when I press the starter button but soon as I let off the starter button it stops. Its full of oil and there is plenty of gas. There is no spark after I let off the starter button. Any ideas what is wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Onan rv generator model 4bgefa26101j

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Its mid to late 80's model
any answers yet?
1/22/2018
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

The most common cause of this issue is that the genset is no longer producing any electricity.

Hank F.
Hank F., Technician