Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a snowblower with a Briggs & Stratton engine. How do…

I have a snowblower...

I have a snowblower with a Briggs & Stratton engine. How do I drain old gas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

It's a Simplicity snow blower. About nine years old. Never a problem in the past.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. It's Sunday . . . the dealer is not open. It was serviced in the spring.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've tried starting it with the electric starter. No dice.

1/21/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I’m Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

there is no drain on the fuel tank, what I suggested to customers

go to auto parts store get a handheld plastic siphon hose

about $ 5, use that to drain the fuel

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder