Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a snowblower with a Briggs & Stratton engine. How do…

I have a snowblower...

I have a snowblower with a Briggs & Stratton engine. How do I drain old gas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

It's a Simplicity snow blower. About nine years old. Never a problem in the past.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. It's Sunday . . . the dealer is not open. It was serviced in the spring.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've tried starting it with the electric starter. No dice.

1/21/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I’m Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

there is no drain on the fuel tank, what I suggested to customers

go to auto parts store get a handheld plastic siphon hose

about $ 5, use that to drain the fuel

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder