Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a snapper garden tractor with 11 HPBriggs Stratton…

Customer Question
I have a snapper...

I have a snapper garden tractor with 11 HPBriggs Stratton engine model253417 ,cant get engine to idle runs ok at half power on to full power,but reducing to idle stops running and fuel comes out of carb.Do you rebuild carbs? Am in Tucson Az

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

I believe its from the 60 s and just got it.Was idling rough when I got it,played with the screws and now wont idle at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would pay someone to fix it for me,but If told how to adjust screws fuel air ratio,I would do it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

OK ready when you are

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/21/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

WISH TO CANCEL EVERYTHING DONT LIKJE THE WAY YOU DO BUSINESS.BORDERS ON DECEPTION>>>>>>>FORGET EVERYTHING DONT WANT YOUR ANSWER AND OR MEMBERSHIP.PERIOD.

The screws need little adjustment. But screw them in until they are lightly bottomed, and then turn out 2 full turns, that is a starting point, final adjustment needs to be done after the engine is running.Looking at a carburetor for this base model, it is possible that you have a leak of air between the carburetor and the cylinder block, which would cause the engine to die at idle and, maybe run at higher speeds. Check the mounting of the carburetor to the engine, There is more to the engine model number, there should be example,(###) ###-####B1

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago

I see the question is still open.??