Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My powersmart snow blower auger won’t spin .. belts are good…

Hi my powersmart snow...

Hi my powersmart snow blower auger won’t spin .. belts are good and pins are good

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Hi ran over leaves in snow

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I I think it’s in the gear box. Main drive from impeller shaft to auger drive

1/20/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Shaft tuning into the gearbox? And no shaft turning the augers out? Gearbox is the problem and need the model number to see if it has gears that can be replaced, or you need a new gearbox.

Powersmart DB 7659 A-22
No
C

Gearbox shows to have a woodruff key which can be sheared, And looks like the gears are sold. I see o number for the gearbox assembly.

I paid 18 $

?? We don't need a phone call, did you see the parts list?

I see it but not sure what I need

Do you see the half moon key? I would remove the gearbox and see if the key is sheared. Any auto supply would have a new key.

A woodruff key
About how much are they

Less than a dollar!

Ok thank you ...

Thank you, ***** ***** the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician