Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Garage door opener will not close. Problem just started. I…

Customer Question
Garage door opener will...

Garage door opener will not close

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Problem just started

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I adjusted the down force to the max. Still won't work. When disconnected, the door moves freely up & down.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/20/2018
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ............my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today……… what I would like to do for a start is erase the transmitters.....do a hard reset and then re program.......please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

This is starting off with something simple and hopefully it will resolve the issue

I will need information you can provide especially… the make and model….. how old it is? ….in your best recollection… any kind of changes or disruptions that may have caused it not to work properly?

Always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited…..Please let me know how it goes

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie