Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I'm owning a 15kw generac genset. The display is like crazy,

Good afternoon! Mechanic's Assistant:...

Good afternoon!

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I'm owning a 15kw generac genset. The display is like crazy, it keeps countdown the day: 1,2,3,4,5,6....

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I'm using the unit for two years already but it starts giving that problem yesterday. it was running fine the day before!

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Everything ok. i just cant start it on the controller. it is kept on off position and no botton responded.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only the controller got freezed

1/21/2018
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial number of the genset?

Hi
MD: RD01523ADSE and SN:(###) ###-####
You're there?

Sorry, I've had 5 customers come online all at once - I am working as fast as I can.

Let's try a static reset of the controller. This will require you to reenter all your time and date and exercise info.

Set the control to OFF.

Pull the 7.5A fuse out of the control panel..

Wait 30 seconds, and put the fuse back in.

If the controller will still not react properly, the controller is bad.

I have already done this. It behaves same. No update can save it?

If your controller has an older version of the firmware, it might be possible to update it. I have never ran into that before.

But an update would require a technician to come out with the proper software.

The software can not be found/bought online? No download available?

No, it must be done by an authorized technician, as it requires specific software not available to the public, and a dealer access code to get into the controller.

Humm! Ok. Thanks e lot.

No problem.

Sorry it was not what you wanted to hear, but it is beyond my control.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and please take a moment to rate the quality of my assistance.

Hank F.
Hank F., Technician