Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I need to replace a kohler 25hp horizontal engine. it is…

I need to replace...

I need to replace a kohler 25hp horizontal engine. it is model CH25s with

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Spec# ***** can you tell me the replacement model and spec # for this discontinued engine? thanks Jim

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a mechanic who can help me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

At this time I need the replacement info so I can look for a replacement

1/19/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I’m Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

I will look into this for you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you send the answer to my email??

HI

Sure if you like, but we need to come back here for you to give me my rating

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
o.k. to come back here. I just need to go outside in about 30 minutes.

Hi

This is your replacement

CH730-0017 23.5 hp Kohler Engine Command Pro 725cc Snapper Pro Ztr Free Shipping No Tax

Replaces CH25S Spec 68577, 68669,68527

This engine was rated as 25 hp but with new rating system it is now rated as 23.5 hp
It's still a 725cc engine

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

HI

Here is another route you can go

click here for short block

I hope this helps you

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder