Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 2007 16kw model general generator will not switch off…

My 2007 16kw model...

My 2007 16kw model general generator will not switch off after power is restored

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

10 years old 16 kw generac guardian

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have electrician that will be coming by. i tried to manually switch it back but it kicks the switch back down on the stand by coil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All the help i can give at this time

1/19/2018
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
What has most likely happened is that one of the fuses has blown inside the transfer switch.
Without the fuses, the controller doesn't know that utility has been restored, and thinks the genset still needs to run.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician