Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a newer troybuilt snowblower that appears to have gas…

I have a newer...

I have a newer troybuilt snowblower that appears to have gas in the oil, what would cause this and is there any hope?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Started this morning it didn't want to run and was blowing black out the exhaust. so I shut it down and checked the oil and found the level really high. so I drained the oil and found the gas. it has been running great until this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is possible

1/19/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
This is caused by the carb float/needle not sealing off. Normally it is caused either while moving machine when not running or the needle needs replaced. Change oil and should be good to use. Add a fuel shut off in the fuel line if there is no shut off currently.Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this.
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician