Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

SNOW BLOWER WILL NOT START. iT WILL START WITH START FLUID.

SNOW BLOWER WILL NOT...

SNOW BLOWER WILL NOT START. iT WILL START WITH START FLUID. BUT THATS IT. IT HAS SPARK, I HAVE PULLED THE CARB AND CLEAN AND REINSTALL. STILL WILL NOT START. IT IS A TWO STAGE BLOWER.MODEL 921027.IT IS THREE YEARS OLD. I THOUGHT IT DID A GOOD JOB LAST YEAR WHEN IT SHUT IT DOWN FOR THE SUMMER.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

YES THE VALVE IS OPEN AND THE GAS IS CLEAN AND ABOUT TWO MONTHS OLD

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do. If I take it to a shop it will take two or more before I get it back

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What am I over looking I have check fuel lines, checked spark, cleaned carb (nothing to it), check primer pump seems to be ok. Engine turns over smoothly. Has electric start. Fuel is not ingnighting

1/19/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Is the float bowl full of fuel? If it is, the main jet is plugged in the carburetor, the main jet is the bowl bolt and the passage that the bowl bolt screws into. Check the bowl bolt and run a wire through each of the small holes.

I pulled the bowl looking at the bras bolt I did not see any holes in lt.

Engine make and model? Then I can call.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Hi did you still need help with your snowblower ?
Yup but it bed time I get at 4 am for work I have a couple of thing to check tomorrow
Ok , have you tried draining the carburetor bowl yet ?
It also could be the main jet which runs up through the body of the carburetor
Phone call session started