Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Having trouble working garage door opener. Never. I just…

Customer Question
Having trouble working garage...

Having trouble working garage door opener

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Never

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just purched a universal garge door opener and cant seem to program it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you work thru my problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2018
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

hi we can but I will need some information ...........if you could take the time.........

1-) The make and model or number of the devices in question and do you have the manuals for them?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have either an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) in your estimation….what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie