Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Can you please post a updated link to the beaver blade used…

Can you please post a...
Can you please post a updated link to the beaver blade used with the Craftsman high wheel string trimmer? The old link does not work.
1/19/2018
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Are you trying to install a blade on your walk behind trimmer? If so could I please have the model number ?
Hi just wondering if you still need help with your trimmer , if so please let me know
Craftsman 77674. I would like to fit a blade on this machine to cut down cedar saplings.
Ok thank you for the model , please give me a minute to see what I can find

Ok so after some research your going to need the beaver blade or a blade like it that has like a chainsaw chain edge , these string trimmer are not meant for blades, and they has been some cases where the shaft has broken off due to kick back because regular brush cutter blades were used. Here is a link to a beaver blade but before buyingbanything its best to remove your spool assembly and measure the thickness of the shaft on your trimmer

http://www.agrisupply.com/beaver-blade-7-inch/p/28414/

Once you know the size we can try to find the correct blade as there are other blades like the beaver blade but again this is dangerous because it isn't a brush cutter technically

How do you lock the blade on the shaft? When you remove the spool, you are left with a bare d shaped shaft with a single bolt on the bottom.
The shaft is round with no keyway or pattern correct ? The beaver blade is for a Dr trimmer so making it fit a craftsman would take some modifications
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician