Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am baffeled I got a model 221lhp and I it down in my truck…

Customer Question
I am baffeled...

I am baffeled I got a model 221lhp and I laid it down in my truck and now I can not get the starting rope to move and the electric wont turn the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes I cant move the rope to start it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working fine and then I loaded in my truck took it out and its like the rope is stuck but it wont turn over

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/18/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 6 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Remove the spark plug and see if engine will run over. Sounds like it is hydrolocked.
Does your oil smell like fuel?
Let me know and we can continue from there