Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I'm starting the second half of a rebuild project on a Honda…

I'm starting the second half...
I'm starting the second half of a rebuild project on a Honda eu2000i generator.I disassembled it months ago and simply haven't had the time to put it back together until now.It has gathered some dirt and debris on the inner and outer surfaces of all of the parts since then.I certainly don't intend to reassemble it with the dirt on there!What is the fastest way to remove all of the dust etc. that has accumulated in and on the head, case and other parts?I am NOT asking for a method to degrease it. As I have already done that.I just need to clean off the accumulated dust etc.Thanks
1/18/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Use high-pressure air from an air compressor. Just blow it out and start from there with closing it up

I know that high-pressure compressed air is the ideal method of cleaning off/out an engine.
However, as I live in my RV and do not have an air compressor at my disposal, that method is not exactly available for me to use.
Unless you think that the air from the nozzle at a gas station that they have available for people to air their tires with is of a sufficient level of compression, then I will need to use something else...

The air at a gas station would be adequate. Your other choice is to use water, and then do a good air dry, the water will not hurt as long s you get it out.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician