Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Hank, I have followed this thread and performed the step you…

Customer Question
Hi Hank, I have followed this...
Hi Hank,
I have followed this thread and performed the step you have suggested and I still get an under voltage alarm the model of my generator is 58731 and the serial is(###) ###-#### Wonder if you have any other steps.ThanksKevin
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/18/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, thanks for requesting me.

The first thing I need you to do is to connect a meter to the output of the genset, and get voltage and frequency readings.

How much voltage is showing, and at what frequency?

I am going to need some direction on how to do what you are requesting

Connect one meter lead to the input side of one of the main circuit breakers, on either wire 11 or 44.

Connect the other meter lead to the neutral lug.

Set the meter to VAC.

Start the genset.

For the few seconds it will run, note the voltage.

Now switch the meter to read frequency.

Start the genset.

For the few seconds it will run, note the frequency reading.

What voltage and frequency readings do you get?

OK I will try that but it won't be till mid next week as I had to go away for a few days

That will be fine.