Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do I get the knob off of my fuel valve on a Sno-Tek 24E…

How do I get...

How do I get the knob off of my fuel valve on a Sno-Tek 24E Model 920402. I am leaking fuel and need to get the shield off and don't want to break the knob. Rich Marcott, Shoreham,NY

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I've owned the machine less than a year.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'll try, if it is too involved I have a registered mechanic in the area.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I just don't want to damage the fuel valve knob getting it off and I can't see what is leaking until I am able to remove the shield.

1/17/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I’m Wayne

I will Be assisting you with this issue today

the knob will pry off with a screwdriver

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
No more help needed, your advice was spot on. I can now see that the problem is with the fuel valve itself, it is leaking and needs to be replaced. Thanks again.

HI

You are more then Welcome