Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 30 inch 3 stage cub cadet snow blower. Last use…

Customer Question
I have a 30...

I have a 30 inch 3 stage cub cadet snow blower. Last use caused 3 of 4 shear pins to break which caused augers to tangle. How do I get them untangled before putting shear pins back

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if simple enough

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Dont think so I reviewed video how to replace augers hoping dont have to do that though

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/17/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Try turning the outer auger backward, to free it from the inner, that should walk it backward, and untangle it from the other.